Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Getting Login to Prove you are not a bot when you visit YouTube Options
Derrick W. Jackson
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2024 7:28:08 PM
Groups: Member

I created an app using the EO WebBrowser. I know Essential Objects would not recommend this, but I created an app that views playlists on YouTube. I am using version 2022. I started getting a message in the video window prompting me to log in to prove you are not a bot. The EO WebBrowser does not support logging in to YouTube or Google apps like Gmail. I am using Nord VPN. I found out that Nord VPN was causing this error. When I turned off the VPN, I could view the videos OK. When I turned Nord VPN back on, I got that error message to log in to prove you are not a bot.

Despite the issue with Nord VPN, I still believe in the importance of using a VPN for online safety. The problem seems to have started after a recent update, and while I may have found a temporary solution, I'm still in need of a reliable VPN for my online activities.

What do you think? I know my support has expired, but I just want others to know about this problem. Also note I am using Windows 10.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2024 7:42:31 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This is a known limitation of "embedder" browser. Google actively tries to block "embedder" browsers so that their official service can only be used by one of their "sanctioned" browser (such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge). As such it is not possible to log into Google services from other browser solutions. You maybe able to find temporarily solutions or workaround, but because Google tries to actively block it, it is not expected to work reliably.

Thanks!
Derrick W. Jackson
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2024 8:01:42 PM

Thanks for your quick response. I will keep that in mind.
Derrick W. Jackson
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2024 11:47:44 PM

I just wanted to note that VPN's "interrupting service" is known to services like Hulu and Amazon Prime Video. Prime displays a message to disable your VPN to view the video. Can't remember if Hulu displays a message but I knew this was an issue. So if you are having this problem just display a message telling your user to disable VPN.

Note I do know that using the EO Webbrowser in your apps works when VPN disabled. In summary this should not be a show stopper.