Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Version 24.1.46 Touch Screen Problems Options
deli333
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2024 10:46:52 AM
Groups: Member

Hello guys,

I have been having a weird bug / or a feature /or a new thing in the new 24.1.46 build, for the record, the previous builds of 24.xx has crash problems.

Let me summarize exactly what happens, everything works in version 23.1.77 and below as intended.

In version 24, first of all, there is a mouse cursor everytime I press on somewhere as compared to other builds. In addition, sometimes the click (touch) does not register, so you need to touch more than once. It is not completely consistent, sometimes takes at one touch but usually two or three touch required to trigger the touch event( or onclick/press). Weirdly enough, sometimes it gets the touch event, registers half of the css change (like gets bold, transition etc) but not the fully functional touch.

Has anyone ever had such a thing? It is windows 7 on .net 4.6.1

23.1.77 it works
deli333
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2024 6:30:29 AM

it is similiar to what this was mentioned before but slightly different.

Quote:
a) Newest browser version (*.85), Win XP / Win Vista / Win 8 / Win 8.1: Everything works fine
b) Newest browser version (*.85), Win 7 Embedded: Single touch actions are registered as hover events

This means, that we are not able to interact with regular HTML masks as we do in Google Chrome (where 1 touch = 1 click). In the EO Web Browser we got to double touch and / or touch longer to achieve a normal click event. Have you ever noticed this? Is EO even compatible to (Windows) embedded systems? Some help or a statement would be nice.

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2024 4:43:14 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Technically the newest version does NOT support Windows 7. Google Chrome (and the Chromium browser engine) stopped supporting Windows 7 since v110. So the last version that officially support Windows 7 is v109.

Any EO version before 2023.2.14 is based on Chromium v108. So those version still has full support for Windows 7. Version 2023.2.14 has switched to Chromium v111, which is already after the official Windows 7 support cut off version (109). So any version after that does not officially support Windows 7.

Having that said due to the fact a lot of our customers still wish to continue using our product on Windows 7, we have been actively trying to back port the newer browser engine to support Windows 7. That's why "for the most part" the newer version does run on Windows 7. Touch event is one of the area that does not work properly. It may not be possible for it to work correctly since it involves signifcant code changes. We will investigate and see if it is doable.

Thanks!
deli333
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2024 6:12:57 AM

Thank you!

If only windows 10 or above would not be a malware itself we would definetly switch however it has a big burden on less powerful hardwares.

Btw, In this case I would love to revert my license to 2023 if possible, can you help me with that?

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2024 10:27:19 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We have sent the 2023 license key to you through private message. Please let us know if you have any problems with the key.

Thanks!
deli333
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2024 8:13:19 AM

Like you have said,

I have checked the versions and after 23.1.77, things are different. ( along with that white screen issue, that is fixed in the last version of 24.1 )

Thank you so much for the key!

Btw weirdly enough, in some instances of windows 7, especially with different cpu I do not have that touch problem..