Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Will (or does) EO.WebBrowser support .net6/7/8? Options
BrianQSC
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2023 3:50:14 PM
Groups: Member

I am converting our huge app to .net 7, with .net 8 being next.
I've had to remove EO.WebBrowser becuase it does not like anything but .net 4.x
If I cant get it to work, I'm going to have to remove EO and use WebView2.

So, will, or does EO.WEbBrowser work with .net7?

Thanks
Brian
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2023 3:58:54 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We are not aware of any issues with .NET 7. If there is any issue, we will resolve it. It is our goal to support all future .NET version. However all support will still only be for Windows. We do not support non-Windows platforms.

Thanks!
BrianQSC
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2024 4:21:37 PM
Groups: Member

I am still getting the nuget error when trying to install the WebBrowser into a .net6 application. (see below). Is there any workaround for getting the nuget package to work with .net6?

Warning As Error: Package 'EO.WebBrowser 24.0.96' was restored using '.NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1, .NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2, .NETFramework,Version=v4.8, .NETFramework,Version=v4.8.1' instead of the project target framework 'net6.0-windows7.0'. This package may not be fully compatible with your project.
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2024 2:05:18 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This is a warning that you can safely ignore. The root of the issue is we use a single set of binary to support multiple platforms. So our DLLs are built with .NET Framework 4.6.2 but it does support running with .NET 6. To resolve this issue, we would need to have multiple set of DLLs in our nuget package with each set of DLLs built with a different target. This would signficiantly increase our nuget package size. That's why we didn't implement it that way yet.

By default this would just generate a warning which you can ignore. However as in your case it is treated as an error (Warning as Error). So you may want to check what triggered on your system/project that triggered this behavior. In the mean time we would look into how to better manage the DLL sizes if we do create multiple targetting nuget packages.

Thanks!